Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Beautiful Reminder

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget
me forever?
How long will you hide your
face from me?
How long must I take counsel in my
soul and have sorrow in my heart all the
day?
How long shall my enemy be exalted
over me?

Consider and answer me, O Lord my
God;
light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep
of death,
lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed over him,"
lest my foes rejoice because I am
shaken.

But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
because he has dealt bountifully
with me.


This is probably one of my favorite psalms. Not only do I love that it is short and sweet, but the last two verses are so powerful to me. David is crying out to the Lord in distress, yet he still see's God's goodness and grace- trusting in his steadfast love, rejoicing in his salvation, and realizing how bountifully the Lord has blessed him. What a beautiful reminder of how blessed our lives are, how much joy we have in our salvation.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home