Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Crafty Craving

Today I was over taken by an intensely crafty urge. I don't know exactly where it came from or why, but I wanted to create something beautiful and useful. More specifically, I wanted to sew, which is almost comical since I haven't sewn anything since Junior High Home Ec. But still, since my afternoon was free, I took off to the fabric store to see what I was drawn to. I didn't take into account, however, the fact that those beautiful fabrics you are in search of are very cleverly hidden among the not-so-glamorous prints of McDonald's characters and cheap purple spandex. It wasn't until I had been there over an hour that I walked by the sale table one more time before I found it. My friend Heidi was making fun of some horrible shag-carpet looking fabric before she picked up this one. Although it reminds me of in the Sound of Music when Maria makes clothes for all the children out of the curtains, I think it's great. I haven't quite decided what I'm going to make out of it, but I'll be sure post a picture whenever I finish, and that goal is set for sometime next summer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home